New Zealand’s education system is based on the prestigious British system. New Zealand offers world-class facilities, resources and teaching staff, and NZ qualifications are valued and transferable throughout the world.
Why Study in New Zealand
New Zealand’s universities perform very highly on a global level. Many feature in international university rankings like the Times Higher Education Supplement Top 500 and the Shanghai Jiao Tong Top 500
In New Zealand, every student enjoys a supportive learning environment. With relatively small class sizes, students receive more personalised attention from their teachers than they do in other parts of the world.
Students are treated as individuals – you’re encouraged to learn from others but also to think for yourself. You’ll learn how to harness your unique strengths and original ideas and channel them into an exciting career.
For international students, this personalised treatment extends beyond the classroom. New Zealand was the first country to adopt a code of practice that sets out standards for the care of international students, in and out of the classroom.
All institutions that host international students have staff dedicated to ensuring their time in New Zealand is happy and successful.
In New Zealand, students are taught in an English-speaking environment. You will share classes with New Zealanders and be encouraged to participate in all aspects of learning. New Zealand operates a British-based system that’s recognised overseas, so you can move between institutions in New Zealand or other English-speaking countries while you study.
Education system and qualifications in New Zealand
- There are Eight Universities in New Zealand
- New Zealand universities are research based and state owned
- They offer courses from certificate level through to doctorates
- The academic year is from March to November
- A July start date may be available for some courses
- Summer semester courses (January to March) may be available
English language providers:
- Most tertiary and private English language providers have flexible start dates throughout the year
- Many international students enrol in English for Academic Study courses prior to formal academic studies
- Special English language courses are available throughout the year, and range from 4 weeks to 12 months
- Students who are competent in English often do short-term foundation studies or pre-university orientation studies
Institutes of technology and polytechnics (ITPs):
- New Zealand Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics are state owned
- New Zealand ITPs offer courses that are equivalent in merit to those offered in New Zealand universities
- ITPs offer courses from certificate level with some offering full degree and postgraduate level studies
- The academic year is from March to November – a July start date may be available for some courses
- Many universities and some secondary schools offer foundation studies
- These are generally an introduction to the New Zealand education system and courses
- They are useful for students considering tertiary education
Private Training Providers (PTEs):
- There are many throughout New Zealand
- Some PTEs run courses in a particular discipline, such as business or travel and tourism
- All are all required to be registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- Most run on a timetable similar to state tertiary institutions
Advantages at Khaira Education
- Representing Almost ALL NZ UNIVERSITIES and several Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics (ITPs).
- FREE Counselling by ENZ certified counsellors.
- FREE Visa guidance.
- Regular direct student interviews by University representatives.
- Scholarships, Busaries & Fee waivers.
- Predeparture sessions.
- High Visa success.
- Air tickets.
List of institutions in New Zealand
- Admore Flying School
- Auckland Institute of Studies
- Aut University
- Cornell Institute of Business
- Eagle Flight Training Limited
- Information Technology Training Institute
- International Academy of New Zealand
- International College of New Zeland
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- New Zealand Career College
- North Shore International Academy
- Southern Institute of Technology
- University of Auckland
- Yoobee School of Design
- Christchurch Polytechnic Inst.
- International Aviation Academy
of NZ Limited
- Lincoln University
- Royal Business College
- University of Canterbury
- Wellington Institute of Technology (Weltec)
- Yoobee School of Design
- EIT Hawke’s Bay
- Nelson Marlborough Institute
- Newton College of Business
- Western Institute of Technology
- Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
- Waiariki Institute of Technology