The Pearson Test of English (PTE) is a computer-based test which assesses the English language skills of non-native speakers intending to apply for university courses in English-speaking countries.
There are three versions of the test: the PTE Academic, General and Young Learners. If you are taking the test in order to apply for a university course, you should take PTE Academic. This assesses listening, reading, speaking and writing all via computer in a single three hour test session. It is a computer-based exam which focuses on real-life English used in academic surroundings, covering aspects such as accents and academic language.
How does it differ from other English language tests?
The PTE is a much newer English language test than the IELTS and TOEFL, having launched worldwide in 2009. This means it is not yet as widely accepted, although it is steadily catching up.
PTE results are provided in five working days, which is faster than both the IELTS and TOEFL. The test results are more detailed than those given for the IELTS, using a thermometer-style Global Scale of English to give an accurate overview of English language skills in various areas, such as grammar. The range for the overall score is 10 to -90 points.
Who is it recognized by?
The PTE Academic is recognized by thousands of universities worldwide, with the most popular being the UK, Australia, the US,New Zealand and Canada. You should contact us to find out the requirements of the universities in which you intend to apply, to find out if they accept the PTE Academic qualification, and what grade they require. The PTE Academic is now also accepted for work visa as well as general skilled migration visa purposes by the Australian government.
Pattern of PTE-A Test
PART 1: SPEAKING & WRITING (77 – 93 minutes)
PART 2: READING (32 – 41 minutes)
PART 3: LISTENING (45 – 57 minutes)
While there isnt any dearth of PTE-A books in the market, but the key to scoring is knowing what to study and how to study.
Focus more time on weak areas. If tasks like Write essay are challenging, practise writing more essays! Follow the three Ps- Practise, Practise and Practise. You need to repeatedly practise tasks in the test and analyze the sample answers so you know what’s tested and what makes a good response. Put yourself under timed conditions and pretend you’re doing a real test.
PTE-A Recommended Books
How we can help you?
- Vast experience in providing quality test preparation programmes for some of the most common standardized tests worldwide having helped several thousand students every year to successfully achieve their desired test scores.
- Experienced, qualified and professional faculty drawn from some of the most elite institutions in India all of whom have undergone a rigorous training schedule and who are subject to a regular and thorough evaluation process to ensure that their subject knowledge and teaching practices continue to be amongst the best in the industry.
- Flexible and convenient schedules that suit students’ needs and requirements with small batch sizes that allows for personalized attention to ensure that every individual establishes realistic goals for score improvement, understands the key test concepts and is given comprehensive guidance on effective test taking strategies.
In addition, we also offer all our students a comprehensive lesson plan built around their needs and requirements. Students enrolling for PTE-A preparation with us will benefit from the ability to:
- Take a demo class before enrolling
- Monitor progress through personalized review sessions after class hours
- Improve test scores through extra tutoring and result orientated strategies
- Enhance aptitude levels through customized question pools and strategic quiz tools
- Revise from question banks that mirror the test exam
Our coaching methodology adopts a number of powerful preparation methods:
Content: We use the most relevant and frequently tested content helping its students to fully familiarise themselves with the test format and to organise their time in an effective manner to achieve the best scores.
Critical Thinking Strategies: Realising that standardised tests rely on more than just the content, we constantly update and customize the study and reference material, along with practise test papers, to ensure that we are addressing students’ specific areas of concern. A personalised report which identifies areas of weaknesses and strengths is generated to help the student identify his or her testing patterns and work in a focused manner. All answer explanations are detailed and provide alternative approaches to answer a question.
No Time Constraints: Our classroom training program lasts 2 months with an additional month given to the student to use our centre resources. The class schedule is divided into modules, each of which concentrates on the topics tested on the PTE-A. Though 2 months of training is recommended, students may opt to complete the course faster or slower according to their needs.
PTE-A coaching in Amritsar | Best PTE-A Coaching in Amritsar | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Amritsar | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Amritsar | PTE-A coaching in Jalandhar | Best PTE-A Coaching in Jalandhar | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Jalandhar | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Jalandhar | PTE-A coaching in Ludhiana | Best PTE-A Coaching in Ludhiana | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Ludhiana | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Ludhiana | PTE-A coaching in Mohali | Best PTE-A Coaching in Mohali | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Mohali | PTE-A Coaching Institute in Mohali