Khaira Education: A name you can trust
Table of Contents
I. Executive Summary
- Mission Statement
- Keys to Success
II. Description of Business
- Hours of Operation
- Products and Services
- Media Coverage
III. Social Responsibility
Since our inception 20 years ago, Khaira Education has become a trusted name in Punjab, India for providing transparent end to end services which commence with career assessment and guidance with and honest and informed counselling with student and his/her parents and ends with taking the inconvenience out of the application process, getting the visas approved and preparing the student for his/her life abroad. Khaira Education has created a strong market position in a very competitive industry with our meticulous, ethical and transparent services that are interwoven into every aspect of our counselling. Khaira Education offers training programs for standardized tests like PTE-A, IELTS, OET &CELBAN along with our flagship program ‘Business English Training’ which is a dynamic and skill-based course for enhancing the English language proficiency of young adults in professional contexts.
- Our director Ms Gurleen Khaira was conferred the ‘Woman of Excellence Award for excellence in Education” by Indian Achievers Forum in 2016.
- Our Director Ms Gurleen Khaira has completed a post-graduate diploma in TESOL-teaching English to speakers of other languages, thus ensuring the best services in terms of continuous evaluation, content, teaching expertise and methodology.
- Ms Gurleen has been awarded the ‘Best IELTS Score’ for achieving an overall 9 Band in IELTS.
- Awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by Pearson in recognition of our efforts to promote PTE-A
- A highly researched digital language laboratory enabling self-paced learning for K-12 young learners and undergraduates
- Modern classrooms with HD projectors and interactive white-boards for a collaborative learning experience and meet the needs of high-technology learners
- Over 6000 satisfied clients
- Academically qualified and certified counselors with know-how of admission in different countries providing pro-active support
- Career Guidance and Assessment using scientific tools like Multiple Natures, MI and MBTI psychometric assessments.
- Participated in BMI Agent Workshop held in Hanoi, Vietnam in November 2016
Constant and complete service with full commitment to the client.
Khaira Education Pvt. Ltd. is constructed on a strong client-oriented philosophy. Its existence is due to the professionalism of its management and commitment of staff to provide service to each client that passes through Khaira Education’s doors.
Much of our clients come to us by “referrals “from our previous students and their parents.
Our knowledgeable and experienced staff is always updated with the latest framework and policies in the International Education Industry. We have a team of expert academic advisors who counsel the aspiring students on different courses and institutions matching their aptitude, needs, monetary requirements and previous qualifications and scores. Our visa advisors are well informed and possess accurate and comprehensive information about visa requirements for all embassies and high commissions. We ensure that the academic experts, academic faculty (trainers) and visa advisors are well-trained with their continuous professional training both locally and overseas. We choose our counsellors diligently as we understand the responsibility that comes with our profession. We have shaped the lives of as many as 6000 students in the last 20 years and we hope to continue to do this with our values of ethics and integrity.
Keys to Success
Our main USP is that we keep the client’s best interests and expectations first which translates into a life-long relationship with the student and his/her family. Our counselors invest time and energy to ensure a thorough and satisfactory result. Moreover, we ensure that our team stays updated with the latest developments in industry trends to provide a holistic education and career counselling tailored to meet the student’s academic, aptitude and monetary specifications.
Description of Business
Hours of Operation
Monday -Saturday 10 am -6 pm
Products and Services
The world is filled with various career choices ranging from medicine to mass communications, engineering to event management, marine biology to information technology. The confusion that students face over which career to pick is understandable. Choosing and following a career path can be a daunting task for many.
Many students continue to choose a career based merely on the fact that their friends are doing the same thing or because their parents told them to do so. This, however, may not be the best way to go about it.
We understand the dilemma of the students while choosing the pathways for higher education. To cater to such needs, we have designed the Academic Pathway Planning Program.
This service can be availed by:
- Students of class X, class XII to decide which stream to select- Medical/Non-medical/ Arts/Commerce? We analyse different factors like a child’s existing skills and individual levels of competence in guiding them. A future goal should be reflective of what a student is fully capable of and therefore, traits like people orientation, personality type etc. Are considered when evaluating a student’s profile.
- Under graduates for deciding which bachelors and majors to choose. Whether to go for engineering degree or Bachelor of Science degree? To choose Bachelor of commerce or business administration or management? The possible options are endless but choosing the right course matching your aptitude and personality is critical to your future.
- Graduates and above for deciding about which Masters to choose. Whether to choose M.tech/M.Engg or MBA? To go for M.Phil or PhD. A question we are very commonly asked is whether to go for research based degree or a coursework program for their masters. To answer all these questions, we use psychometric testing to analyse different aspects and have a sensible and honest discussion with the applicant about the best possible options matching their profile.
- For any adult who is planning a career- We help in assessing your strengths and steering your career in the right direction. We also help in identifying your weaknesses so that you can address them and they do not become an impediment to your success.
Overseas education does not come cheap, which means you must make an informed choice based on your goals and interest. At Khaira Education, you will be assigned a highly professional and experienced counsellor who will analyse your profile based on your academic scores, financial budget, language scores and other pertinent parameters to choose the best destination for your higher education.
Once the country has been finalised, our counsellor will shortlist some universities and colleges matching your aspirations which you can discuss with your family before making a final decision.
Making the application to the university
This is the stage where you will benefit immensely from our experience and expertise. Submitting the right documents is the key to secure your place in the college or university of your choice and getting your visa approved! If your documents are not in order, it may not present your profile in the best possible manner which can adversely impact your application. We carefully peruse the documents provided to us by the students and advise them on any outstanding requirements per the check-lists. While the students are responsible for drafting, and collating the documents, we carefully review the case file so that the chances of your success are maximized.
Interviews are a very important step in securing your visa. Students may be interviewed telephonically or in-person depending on their visa officer. Our rich experience of 20 years has made us well-aware of the type of questions that are asked by different universities/ visa officers during the screening. Our trainers hold interview preparatory sessions thrice a week to ensure that you are present yourself in the best possible way during an interview. The interview preparation sessions are conducted by professionals who have vast experience in interview techniques and are well versed with the nature and scope of questions that universities/visa officers usually ask their prospective students.
Visa Counselling Services are aimed towards helping you submit the right documents to ensure that there is no inadvertent delay or rejection. We will assign you a visa counsellor who will provide comprehensive advice relating to the collation of the relevant documentation that you need to submit along with the visa application.
Test preparation for IELTS, PTE-A, OET, CELBAN
English for Specific Purposes -ESP for Young learners and adult learners
Managing Director: Mrs Surinder Kaur Khaira
Mrs. Surinder Kaur Khaira holds Master of Arts and Bachelor of Education degrees from Panjab University, Chandigarh. She possesses a rich experience of 20 years in the field of overseas education. Thousands of students have been benefited from her expertise and realized their dreams of attaining quality education abroad.
Er Gurleen Khaira
Er Gurleen Khaira is an engineer by qualification and holds a Master degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia. Further she has earned the following certifications.
- Canada Course Graduate – CCG00202
- Qualified Education field counsellor- J091
- ENZ TRAINED AGENT
- ICEF Trained Agent Counsellor 0640
- Green Belt Certification in Career Counselling
- Certificate course in English for Business and Entrepreneurship from University of Pennsylvania
- Certificate course in Image Consultation
- Post-graduate diploma in TESOL-Teaching English to speakers of other languages with a specialization in Business English Training
Er Prabhsharan Singh Randhawa
Er Prabhsharan Singh Randhawa is a Food Engineer by qualification and leads the visa team and advises them on visa requirements, case preparation and preparing student visa file. He holds the following certifications
- Canada course Graduate- 00291
- Qualified Education Agent Counsellor- K299
- ENZ trained agent
- Certificate Course in English Business Writing from the University of Colorado
Mr Parmjit Singh Khaira
Our Management also includes Mr Paramjit Singh Khaira (AIG, P.P.S – Retired) who handles day to day functioning of the company and ensures compliance with quality assurance.
Dr Puneet Khaira
Dr Puneet Khaira is dentist by profession and assists health professionals in preparation of different entrance examinations for obtaining a license to work in their profession abroad. She has successfully trained hundreds of overseas dentists in obtaining registration for Australia/USA/Canada and New Zealand. She is a Qualified Education Agent Counselor (H095). She has successfully designed comprehensive lesson and study plans that are built around test requirements and format.
Woman of Excellence award for Excellence in Education
Urban Melange-November ‘16
November 2016 -Glimpse Interview
Urban Melange-December ‘16 “Special issue on Educationalists in Punjab”
We are aware of the community in which we operate and as such, we strive as far as possible to support charities and doing pro-bono work. We endeavour to reduce our carbon foot-print by conserving paper and not making unnecessary copies.